Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Change resolution on Canon EOS t1i?

I have a Canon EOS t1i. I changed the picture quality to L, but when I open the file in Photoshop, it has a resolution of 72 dpi. How can I change the camera settings to have a higher dpi resolution for the images I take?Change resolution on Canon EOS t1i?
When all else fails read the manual. There's going to be a menu setting for that which allows you to set at highest to lowest available. I have a Rebel XS and my menus allow this but you'll have to read your book to find them.Change resolution on Canon EOS t1i?
I'm not entrely sure if there aren't some special provisions Canon may have taken for this, but in general i think this won't be possible.



The camera just gives you a picture measured in pixels. How many pixels per inch (dpi) you make out of that is entirely your business, the camera doesn't mess with that. So this is not an issue that needs to be addressed in the camera, but in photoshop. There you should be able to change the dpi of the image.
Large is how many pixels there are regarding size. Like my table is 17'; X 14';. You're large picture may be 35000 pixels X 28000 pixels. That is one measurement in itself; physical size.



DPI means how dense the pixels print. If you look close at a newspaper you can see the little dots, that might be 72DPI but a nice magazine looks smooth, that might be 300+. This is a measurement diffrent but normally correlational to size.



To change the DPI you need to find it buried in the anals of the menu system somewhere. I can't tell you about your specific model but the owner's manual can.

No comments:

Post a Comment