Friday, November 19, 2010

How to increase picture resolution so you can get bigger prints?

I took a picture with my Nikon digital camera. I looked at the image with my costco photo viewer and it was 288x 360 pixels. I want to submit this picture to for a personalized gift, in which the picture will need to be blown up to an 8x10. I stretched the current picture to an 8x10 and it was ok, but blurry. The website reccomends uploading photos that are around 2000 pixels with 300 dpi. How can I change my current picture to make it more suitable to upload. I obviosley know nothing about cameras, so thanks for the help.How to increase picture resolution so you can get bigger prints?
What setting do you have your camera on. That resolution is only 1 megapixel. You can up the resolution of your photo in a photo editing program, but there's no point. Your computer will be creating those extra required pixels, but it has absolutely no idea what color they should be. Instead, it'll just make them the same color as the pixels next to it, resulting in the blocky look. Actually, that's basically what the printer is doing when it makes your photos from the 288x360 images. Sorry to say, these photos can not be saved. Computers aren't magic.



At 300dpi a 4x6 photo should be 1200x1800 pixels. That's 2.2 megapixels. From now on you should make sure your camera is set to take at least 2.2 megapixel images.How to increase picture resolution so you can get bigger prints?
Not from that size you have. (How did it get that small in the first place?) It is so small that you can't even get a very sharp 4 x 6 print.



Can it be retake? Use the highest resolution your camera can record, and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment