Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I get a 6x6in photo on an 8x10 sheet so I can print it at a professional lab w/ out a custom size?

I have a frame that I want to put the photo in. I already re-sized it so that it has a a 1:1 ratio (i.e. it's square) in IrfanView. I want to print it at a professional lab, but they only print in custom sizes. So, I'd like to have a 6x6in photo print with enough white border around so that it is an 8x10 (2 inches on one side and 4 on the other). What programs can do this? I have GIMP, Irfanview, Photoscape. do I need to change the pixels, the DPI? It hasn't been working for me and any help is appreciated!!!!!How can I get a 6x6in photo on an 8x10 sheet so I can print it at a professional lab w/ out a custom size?
In GIMP just go to File - New and enter in a new canvas size, in your case 8 x 10. Be sure the resolution matches your 6 x 6 photo. Then just drag and drop your 6 x 6 into the 8 x 10 canvas and have it printed as such.



steveHow can I get a 6x6in photo on an 8x10 sheet so I can print it at a professional lab w/ out a custom size?
Well you can fool them and have the whole 8x10 print made with white borders. That is place the 6x6 inch image on a 8x10 inch canvas in your photo program. The print will then be 6x6 with a one inch and two inch with borders on it.



Artists do this all the time.



The DPI should always be at least 240, but better 300 for photographic prints. Always use the highest resolution the image file can support.... this starts with setting your camera to its highest resolution when shooting any subject.
I agree with fhotoace.

No comments:

Post a Comment