Friday, November 19, 2010

How can i scan a photo with 800 dpi and spot colors(?) and save as an EPS file and keep it under 5MB???

I don't know how to convert my scan into spot colors in Corel. How can i do that all i find on the internet is how to do it with photoshop. HELP!!!! the person i'm trying to send my scanned picture to needs it to be between 800-1200 dpi and scan it as SPOT COLORS what ever that is and save it as an EPS file. I can scan it with 800 and save it as an eps file but it comes out to about 40 something MB. But I have no idea how to change it to spot colors.How can i scan a photo with 800 dpi and spot colors(?) and save as an EPS file and keep it under 5MB???
Who is the person you are trying to send it to... is he a print shop? I'm not exactly sure why, he would request a EPS file, as if I remember correctly they are mainly for Vector images, which means there shouldn't be resoultion in the image.

Your best bet would to save your file as TIFF as that should be better choice of file format for pictures for 800-1200dpi.

Can you explain what type of image your are trying to send? and how big (size measurement) is the picture?

Because 800dpi of 4x4 inch is different than 800dpi of 8x8 inch picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment