Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you present your proofs in photography - CD?

HI all, 2 questions: I'm trying to start a side business in photography - 1st question - I was trying to determine how to present my proofs after a session - should I give the client a cd to view, maybe save the files at 72 dpi and put a watermark ';proof'; across them? Or should I sell them the CD with high res photos to print themselves at a higher rate - is that even done these days?



2nd question: I don't want to short change myself but I suspect some of the folks contacting me are wanting pics for myspace and such and not intersted in print. And on that note, 2nd question: if they want myspace pics only - how do you present those and charge for those?

Thanks to all in advance for your answers! I've found this avenue for answers is GREATLY helpful!How do you present your proofs in photography - CD?
Yes putting low res 4x6 @ 72 DPI is a good way to go.



But first be sure you have added your copyright, contact information and clients data in the ';Image Info'; portion of the EXIF on each image file.



I use ';Bridge'; to append a XMP file to batch process each shoot.
  • PDA
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment