Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I save a file at 300 dpi in Roxio Photosuite 4?

I use Roxio Photosuite 4 for my photos. When I open an image that's 300 dpi, then make adjustments, then save it, the resulting resolution for the new image changes to 96 dpi. I've tried many suggestions, from saving it as a tiff with no compression to saving it as a bitmap. But I don't see any options available for saving the file at the same resolution. It seems like it would automatically default to the same resolution as the original, especially since I'm not changing the vertical or horizontal size. Please keep in mind, this is specific to PhotoSuite, NOT Photoshop, so answers related to Photoshop will probably not apply. Any help would be appreciated!How can I save a file at 300 dpi in Roxio Photosuite 4?
Don't worry about the DPI. It is not important. The only thing that determines a photos resolution is the Pixel Dimensions.



If you really must change the DPI because someone else (maybe your boss) thinks it is important then make sure you turn off resampling (sometimes it is called resize image) before you enter the new value.



But otherwise you can just ignore the DPI. It will not be considered by the browser which usually displays at 96 DPI regardless of the images DPI setting. And these days it is not used for determining the size of a print.



This is an excellent resource that it explains it much better than I can:

http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/mythdp

http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/prints

No comments:

Post a Comment