Friday, November 19, 2010

PLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE RESOLUTION ON A PICTURE?

What are some programs I could use to change the resolution on a picture, to make it higher? Please help me I need it for a s chool project and I've tried everything you could possibly imagine but nothing works. I'm trying to print out the photo in 8';x10'; and I need the resolution to be high so the picture won't be blurry. Currently the picture is 840x1024 pixels and has a dpi of 230. is that okay if i want to print it out 8x10 or would i need to make the resolution higher????





PLEASE HELP!PLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE RESOLUTION ON A PICTURE?
You can't with what you have. It is sort of trying to paint a barn with just a gallon of paint.



Genuine Fractals does have a program that has been used by some people here successfully, but I have never tried it since I shoot all my images at the highest resolution that my cameras supportPLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE RESOLUTION ON A PICTURE?
Right now, your photo is about 3.5';x4.5'; and you're trying to increase it to 8';x10'; at a higher dpi? I'm sorry, but that won't work like you want it to. A good dpi to have for print is generally 300 dpi and although you're kind of close, your original image is too small. You can only increase dpi to make a image clearer if the original image is larger to begin with.



Maybe try to find the original image, which may have a dpi of 72 but the size will be a lot larger than 3.5';x4.5'; and then you can increase the dpi to 300.



Or you can send me the photo and I can take a look at it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment