Sunday, November 14, 2010

Please Help Me I Made a Very Silly Error?

I accidentally changed the dpi setting to custom level to 20% less than normal(96dpi). Now i can't see what the Hell to do. I managed to come here to my computer and figure out how to get it back (Rt.c desktop,properties,settings,advanced, select normal(dpi) BUT when i went back to my mom's house to fix it back it let me do all until i need to click on advanced but it wont let me!!!!! It is giving me a rundll32.exe error message. Please tell me i didn't totally jack my mom's computer up. By the way why would they even have a setting that will change everything to smaller than the human eye can see??????? I'm really frustrated please help!!!!!!! I'm about to cry---- for real.Please Help Me I Made a Very Silly Error?
Restart your computer and hold F8 key, a menu should pop up, just select 'run last good known configuration', if it doesn't help then restart and press f8 again, but then go to safe mode, in safe mode everything should look ok, then you just restart again and your problem should be fixedPlease Help Me I Made a Very Silly Error?
if the computer has system restore you can always try that. the rundll32.exe message might mean a file is missing. try to reinstall windows if you can to replace the file
If worse comes to worse, just reinstall windows. Don't format just to a repair and reinstall the OS. This will rewrite all of the windows files and leave you installed applications and your personal files alone. It should also revert the display setting back to the original ones that work. In addition, you might also try using a piece of software or tool that your graphic card manufacture makes in order change the settings.
Before you do any more damage to your mom's machine, do the following:

1. Shutdown the machine and reboot, then go back and see if it will let you reassign the 96dpi. if this doesn't work...

2. Clean up the cashe, files, cookies and history then...

3. Do a scan disk and then a defrag. Then...

4. Shutdown the machine again, reboot and go back and retry.If this did not work...

5. Get your mom's windows CD, start the machine from the CD, select ';reinstall only what is missing from the windows'; and follow instructions. If this doesn't work the only thing you have left to do is to save all your mom's files on a CD, reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows from scratch. That would be the cleanest way you could do it. There are other ways that you can reinstall windows but this one is the best way to do it.



Sorry kid!

I wish you luck,



Nikolas S

No comments:

Post a Comment