Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I get web pages to fit onto my screen?

Many web pages are too large to fit on my screen, and I have to constantly scroll left to right to read them. It's really annoying. I only have two choices for screen resolution - 800 by 600 pixels and 1024 by 768 pixels. I can't seem to modify the resolution to anything else. Right now the monitor is set to 800 by 600 pixels. MY DPI is set at Normal Size (96 DPI). My monitor is a Dell E551c.



All I want is to have a normal sized web page that fits onto the screen. I don't want a tiny display that fits but is way too small, such as hitting Ctrl -. I've tried several combinations of changing screen resolution and DPI settings, but haven't found one that works. I've also looked for drivers, but it keeps saying that my drivers are up to date.



Any ideas???How do I get web pages to fit onto my screen?
You need a bigger monitor than your 15 inch dell.



It was designed for 800 by 600 and that is the whole display. Most web pages are designed with at least 800 by 600 web page size so when you add in the browser address bar, status bar etc, scrolling is needed.



To put a lot of info (a whole web page) on a small space (a dell 15 inch monitor) requires a small font or a lot of scrolling. Your eyesight cant handle small fonts and your hands dont like the scrolling so get a new larger monitor.



Get at least a 19 inch flat panel. The video tube 19 inchers are hulking beasts and not desk-friendly. After 3 minutes, you will wonder how you could have ever used that 15 inch screen.How do I get web pages to fit onto my screen?
try pressing control + or - or 0 to reset

Report Abuse


set resolution to 1024 by 768 pixels.

press f11 to go full screen
FIRST OF ALL, set your resolution to 1024 x 768. Then, while you are viewing a web page, you can press F11 to make the page fit on your screen.



Good Luck
Try setting it to the highest resolution and then adjust the text size if you don't want a tiny display!

No comments:

Post a Comment