Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I change my photos to 300dpi?

I am submitting my artwork to my college newspaper but It has to be in 300 dpi. Right now it comes out as 72 dpi. What can I do please im desperate, I need help!!!!How do I change my photos to 300dpi?
Part of the equation is missing here. You did not tell us the size of the image that is 72 dpi.



To increase dpi, you must reduce the size of the image.



For example, if your camera stores photos at 36'; x 27'; (72 dpi):



at 50% you get 18'; x 13.5'; (144 dpi)



Cut in half again, and you have a 9'; x 6.75 (288 dpi and getting closer!) I should think that this size would be more than sufficient to send to the paper. They can reduce it even further, thus increasing the dpi with each reduction.



Therefore, as long as your images at 72 dpi are pretty large, there will be more than enough resolution to accurately reproduce the artwork.



KabumHow do I change my photos to 300dpi?
You can't. It will be distorted, you don't have enough pixels to make it come in clear. Can you take the pictures again? Re-set your camera to shoot at 3 mpx.
You'll probably have to resample it in a photo editing program such as photoshop (paint.net and gimp are free and should work)

No comments:

Post a Comment