Sunday, November 14, 2010

Graphics DPI Question?

can I change the dpi to a higher resolution on a graphic by scanning the graphic and picking a higher res. than it is..like if I have an image that is 5x8 inches that is 72 dpi online...how can I get it to be 300 dpi so I can use it ina publication? I have paintshop pro but I am confused.Graphics DPI Question?
i dont understand your Q but i think you can check such things from the settings part...



please answer my Q:



http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind



thanks alot.Graphics DPI Question?
Basically the answer is you can't do that. Even if you first printed out the image, you would have to print it very small, because of its low resolution. Enlarging it on a scanner is not going to give you very good results, and in fact may even be worse than just attempting to enlarge it in a digital image editing program (Photoshop or Paintshop Pro or any other one). There are software plug-ins that can improve this, but they are not cheap (I just acquired the On-One set of plug-ins for Photoshop and will be experimenting with their Genuine Fractals, which is pretty good at such enlargements).



A 5 x 8 72 dpi image is going to of course look like crap when printed out, since it's low res. If you reduce the size to improve the quality, it will be so small that scanning it after printing will not be much use.

No comments:

Post a Comment