Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change the DPI or Mega-pixels on my camera?

I am on the yearbook staff at my school, and one of the cool things that we get to do is take pictures in class and what-not, but, the pictures have to be good quality to be printable in the yearbook. We were told to change the DPI or Mega-pixels on our cameras to the highest setting. I cannot figure out how to do that on mine.



I have a Canon PowerShot A520. Please help me change it so that I can take good pictures for the year book =]How do I change the DPI or Mega-pixels on my camera?
First of all, read the manual, there is a reason why you got one. If you have lost it, download a new one.



DPI is a print term, something you can change in the image editor on the computer. For printing, you want it set to 300.



Your megapixels are your resolution, i.e the size of the photo.



Go to the settings area in your camera and choose the largest resolution, as well as the best quality (lowest compression).

No comments:

Post a Comment