Sunday, November 14, 2010

Photo Editing (DPI) questions?

I have made some pictures on http://www.photovisi.com and used the 'Picnik' Facebook application. I went into those Kodak machines to print some off as 8x10's and learned that the resolution of the photo would be so bad, that I didn't bother printing it off.



I talked to the employee there and he stated that I should change the DPI to 300? I'm quite computer savvy but I do not understand how to change the photo to be 300 and if that will even work!



If you have suggestions, please see below I'll tell you about my operating system %26amp; programming so you know what I'm working with, and you all can help me out =)



My computer runs on a Windows Vista operator

I have access to both Mozzilla Firefox and IE8

I use the regular Windows Photo Gallery

I also have HP Media Smart Photo



I am not opposed to downloading a (preferably free) program to help fix this small annoying situation as long as you know it is safe whereas my laptop is quite pricey and I don't want to download viruses .. only websites you trust please.

Anything will help at this point, Thanks in advance =)Photo Editing (DPI) questions?
Large images DO NOT have a high resolution as one Answerer stated. Size has nothing to do with the DPI. The higher the DPI for any size image will cause an increase in file size for that image be it small or large.



p://en.allexperts.com/q/Adobe-Photosho鈥?br>
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Adobe-Photosh

http://www.ehow.com/how_5019096_change-d



RonPhoto Editing (DPI) questions?
You're welcome. Thank you for BA.



Ron

Report Abuse


When printing photos, it is the resolution which matters. Large images will have a higher amount of dots per inch (DPI). Enlarging a small photo however will not make the image quality better. If you want to print a photo, you will simply need to make a photo in a high resolution. There is no other way. Photos which you already have, but which are in a low resolution can never be printed in a fine quality. Sorry.
there's a saying. you can't polish a terd but you can edit the sh#t out of it.



if you start with low resolution, you can't up it and expect to see a vast imporvement. you can't make pixels out of nothing.



you can acheive some sense of imporvement by increasing the resolution using something free like paint.net, then applying a very slight gausian blur to take the hard edges off the pixels.



there are plugins for photoshop that use fractal based algorythms to interpret/extrapolate pixel values based on nearest neighboring pixels, but they are very expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment