Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do i change the dpi on my digital photo thats stored in my computer?

i need to change it to 300 dpi. all it shows me is pixels or percentage.How do i change the dpi on my digital photo thats stored in my computer?
What will be the final image size? If it is going to be published at say 6'; x 8';, at 300dpi you will need to have an image that is 1800x2400 pixels. If you don't know what the published size will be, you will need to find out, and resize the image accordingly.How do i change the dpi on my digital photo thats stored in my computer?
You'll need an editing software like PHotoshop or one of the corell products that allows that.



In photoshop, across the top, go to ';image--%26gt;image size'; and change the dpi 300.
The only programs I know are Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements. Both allow you to crop at a designated DPI.



Generally if you set your camera at its highest resolution, the DPI is higher than at other settings, although I do know that some cameras limit the DPI setting on their image files to 150.
What program are you using?



If you have Adobe Photoshop you can change it. Go under Image - Then click on Image size.



If you don't have Photoshop, a scanning program should have an option to change the photo's size.



However, if you're trying to increase a 72 DPI photo to a 300 DPI one, I really don't think theres a way to do that. At least none that I know of! lol



Is there a way you can re-import the photo? That might be the only solution I can think of for you.



I hope some of this helps.
You need to do this to meet some publisher's standard, I'm sure. You can resize ANYTHING in Photoshop or it's related products.



Follow this path:



Image %26gt;%26gt; Resize %26gt;%26gt; Image Size



Or: [CTRL]+[ALT]+[I] (That's the letter ';I';]



Be sure that ';resample image'; is checked and just change the value for resolution to whatever you want. It will not improve the quality of your image, but it will make it compatible with the publisher's requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment